Viral Diseases Types, its Complication and Possible Remedies
Viral Diseases Types, Viral diseases square measure infections caused by viruses that may be a variety of being. There square measure various kinds of viruses that cause a varied kind of infective agent diseases. The common variety of infective agent sickness is that the respiratory illness. This can be caused by a virus infection within the higher tract like nose and throat. the opposite common infective agent diseases square measure pox, influenza, Herpes, Human immunological disorder square measure a number of the opposite common infective agent diseases virus (HIV/AIDS), Human papillomavirus (HPV), glandular fever, Mumps, morbilli and three-day measles, Shingles, infective agent intestinal flu (stomach flu), infective agent hepatitis Viral infectious disease and viral infection Viral Diseases Types
Common ways that viruses spread from person to person include:(Viral Diseases Types)
Breathing in air-borne droplets contaminated with a virus
- Virus Contaminated food eating or drinking water.
- sexual contact with sexually transmitted virus infected a person
- Indirect transmission virus from a person to another person by a virus-host, like a mosquito, tick, or field mouse
- Touching surfaces or body fluids contaminated with a virus
Viral diseases symptoms vary in character and severity. The severity depends on the type of viral infection. Its infection also depends on individual’s age and overall health. Commonly the symptoms of viral diseases are flu-like symptoms and malaise.
Nature of viral disease and its complication(Viral Diseases Types)
Viral diseases are transmissible and extent from person to person. Once the virus enters into the no infected people the virus begins to multiply in no time.
The most complicated part of this viral disease is that it is not treatable with antibiotics. the most common viral diseases like common cold and the flu are self-limiting. The viral infection causes illness for a limited period of time and when the body immune system recovers it disappear.
In some cases, microorganism diseases will cause serious, presumably severe complications, like dehydration, microorganism pneumonia, and other secondary microorganism infections. People in danger for complications embody people who have a chronic illness or a suppressed or compromised immune system, and also the very young and extremely aged people. Additionally, bound kinds of sexually transmitted microorganism infections, like HIV/AIDS and HPV, will cause serious complications and death. look for prompt medical aid if you’re thinking that you have got a microorganism sickness, particularly if you’re in danger for complications, or if you suspect you have got been exposed to a sexually transmitted sickness.
Symptoms of viral diseases(Viral Diseases Types)
Viral diseases Symptoms varies looking on the kind of viral infection, a part of the body infected, the age of individuals, patient health history and alternative factors. The symptoms of viral diseases can affect any part of the body or body system. Most commonly the symptoms of viral diseases could be:
- Flu-like symptoms (fatigue, fever, sore throat, headache, cough, aches, and pains)
- Gastrointestinal disturbances, such as diarrhea, nausea, and vomiting
- Malaise (general ill feeling)
- Stuffy nose, nasal congestion, runny nose, or postnasal drip
- Swollen lymph nodes
- Swollen tonsils
- Unexplained weight loss
In infants, signs of a viral disease can also include:(Viral Diseases Types)
- Bulging of the soft spot on the top of the head
- Difficulty with feeding
- Excessive crying or fussiness
- Excessive sleepiness
- Dehydration or pneumonia.
- Change in alertness or level of consciousness
- Chest pain
- Deep, wet chest cough that produces yellow, green or brownish phlegm
- High fever (higher than 101 degrees Fahrenheit)
- Lethargy or unresponsiveness
- Shortness of breath, wheezing, or difficulty breathing
- Stiff neck
- Yellowing of the skin and whites of the eyes (jaundice)
Causes viral diseases(Viral Diseases Types)
Viral contagions take place when a virus enters the body and occupies the inside of the body’s cells in order to replicate. The usability of the immune system of the body to fight the virus, the viruses spread to other cells, reiterating the process and the infection spread in the body making people sick.
Types of viruses(Viral Diseases Types)
Several types of viruses cause a wide variety of viral infections or viral diseases. It is said that there are more than 200 types of different viruses that can cause a cold or an upper respiratory infection. The common viruses are:
- Epstein-Barr virus which causes infectious mononucleosis.
- Human immunodeficiency virus (HIV) main causes AIDS.
- Human papillomaviruses (HPV) which cause HPV infection, cervical dysplasia, genital warts, and cervical cancer.
- Influenza viruses, such as H1N1which is responsible for influenza (flu).
- Respiratory syncytial virus (RSV) causes infection in lower respiratory tract mostly to the young children.
- Rhinoviruses are the source of common cold.
- Rotavirus, enteroviruses and noroviruses cause viral gastroenteritis.
- Varicella-zoster virus (causes shingles and chickenpox).
- West Nile virus (causes West Nile fever).
Various ways by which people get infected with a virus(Viral Diseases Types)
There are various ways through which you can infect with the virus:
- bitten by an animal having infected with a virus
- bitten by an insect infected with a virus like West Nile virus
- Breathing in air-borne dews contaminated with a virus
- Through food or drinking water which is contaminated with a virus
- sexual contact with a person infected with a sexually transmitted virus
- using same needles for making tattooing or drug use with an infected person
- Touching infected body fluids, and before eating or touching your mouth, eyes or nose not washing your hands
- Touching of surfaces polluted with a virus
- Diffusion of a virus from an infected mother to her baby during pregnancy or delivery
What are the risk factors for contracting viral diseases?(Viral Diseases Types)
Any aged people could have viral diseases. It has been observed that all most all get contracts viral diseases during their life, however, the virus does not cause clear symptoms. Risk factors for infectious a viral disease or developing a viral disease include:
- Immune system due to an immunodeficiency disorder, HIV/AIDS, cancer or cancer treatment, kidney disease.
- chronic disease Histories, like asthma, COPD, diabetes, tuberculosis, or heart disease
- high levels of stress and restlessness
- lack in hygienic habit like Not washing hands particularly before eating or after using the restroom, or touching common surfaces
- needles Sharing to inject drugs or tattooing
- Unprotected sex
One can lower risk of viral disease by:(Viral Diseases Types)
- sexual activity only with neither partner is infected with a sexually transmitted disease
- Avoiding contacting which can transmit a virus into the body
- Avoiding connection with a person who has a viral disease
- Covering your mouth and nose when sneezing or coughing
- Intake a well-balanced diet that includes adequate fruits and vegetables
- Using a sterile, unused needle for tattooing or injectable drug use
- appropriate antibacterial Using for cleaners to clean hands and surfaces
- Vaccination as recommended by your healthcare provider for viral diseases.( chickenpox, shingles, influenza, HPV, hepatitis B, hepatitis A, measles, and mumps)
- Washing your hands with soap and water for at least 15 seconds after contact with a person who has a viral disease.
General treatments for viral infections include:(Viral Diseases Types)
- Acetaminophen (Tylenol) or ibuprofen (Motrin, Advil) for fever, body aches, and pain
- Drinking extra fluids
- Getting extra rest and sleep
- Maintaining good nutrition
Depending on the kind of virus infection and the presence of complications, a large kind of different treatments is also required. for instance, somebody’s papillomavirus (HPV) infection that results in cervical abnormality may be treated by surgical removal of the abnormal cells on a woman’s cervix.
In general, it’s counseled that kids younger than age six not use cold or cough medications attributable to the chance for serious aspect effects. Additionally, folks with a microorganism illness mustn’t use acetylsalicylic acid or merchandise that contain acetylsalicylic acid attributable to the chance of developing a rare however serious condition referred to as Reye syndrome. Reye syndrome has been joined to taking acetylsalicylic acid throughout a microorganism sickness, like a chilly or the respiratory disease.
Medications used to treat viral diseases(Viral Diseases Types)
- Antiretroviral medications are used to help people with HIV/AIDS which lead longer lives. Antiretroviral medications delay the ability of HIV to reproduce and hence, slow the spread of HIV in the body.
- The drugs like oseltamivir Tamiflu) and zanamivir (Relenza) are prescribed in some cases of flu. The Antiviral drugs minimize the severity and length of some viral infections like flu and shingles. These drugs are given especially to the people who are at a high risk for serious complications. Though, these drugs are not appropriate for all people with the flu.
- Antibiotics are generally not prescribed for viral diseases since they are not effective for viral infections. However, it may be prescribed if a patient with a viral disease develops a bacterial infection, such as pneumonia, bronchitis, or encephalitis.
Complementary treatments(Viral Diseases Types)
Complementary and traditional treatments cannot cure a viral disease however it may support to have comfort from the disease and will help to promote rest and minimalize symptoms of viral diseases. Some possible treatments could be:
- Hot Chicken soup may help to break up congestion, provide easy-to-digest nutrients and extra fluids to keep up strength
- Items that contain vitamin C, Echinacea, or zinc
- Vaporizer like hot water stem
- mentholated ointments on the chest
What are the possible complications of viral diseases?(Viral Diseases Types)
In some cases, viral diseases can reduce the body’s defenses capacity and which may lead to serious infections and that could be life-threatening. Hence, it is essential to visit health care provider when you get symptoms of a viral infection.