Universal Health Issues
Universal Health Health refers to a positive and dynamic feeling, thoughts and free from all kinds of disease. The World Health Organization (WHO) has defined health as “A state of complete physical, mental and social well-being and not merely the absence of disease or illness or infirmity”. In case of industrial health, it refers to a system of public health and preventive medicine which is applicable to industrial concerns. Regarding the health I.L.O/W.H O. has quoted:
- The anticipation and conservation of physical, mental and social well-being of workers.
- Prevention among workers caused by the working conditions.
- Protection of workers from risk resulting from factors that have adverse impact on their health.
So health refers to the outcome of the interaction between the individual and his environment. So he/she is healthy who is well adjusted to the environment. Health is of two types 1. Physical health 2. Mental health. To be healthy all must be physically and mentally perfect and well.
Importance of health: (Universal Health)
There is a famous saying Health is Wealth. This saying explains the importance of health. With poor health, there could be poor performance, low productivity, and more accidents. On the contrary good health can a reduction in the rate of absenteeism and turnover, accidents and occupational diseases.
Some facts about health and disease (Universal Health)
- One billion men and women are lacking the ways to access healthcare needs.
- 36 million deaths annually are due to no communicable health disorders, like cardiovascular disease, cancer, diabetes and chronic lung ailments. Which are actually two-thirds of the expected 56 million deaths yearly across the world? (A quarter of which happen before the age group of 60)
- Cardiovascular diseases are the topmost list of issues creating the loss of life globally. Approximately 17.5 million people passed away from Cardiovascular health problems, representing 30% of all global deaths. Over 70% of cardiovascular diseases deaths happen mostly to low- and middle-income countries around the world.
- Over 7.5 million children and kids under the age of 5 passes away from malnutrition and mostly preventable health disorders, annually.
- AIDS/HIV has extended speedily. UNAIDS estimates there presently exist approximately:
5.1 million Suffering with HIV
5.2. million new attacks of HIV
5.3 million People deaths from AIDS
Some facts about health and disease
- Tuberculosis eliminates 1.7 million people annually, with 9.4 million completely new patients per year.
- million People today possibly go dead from pneumococcal diseases on an annual basis, turning it into the top vaccine-preventable result of fatality throughout the world. Over fifty percent of the affected patients are offspring. (The pneumococcus is a bacterium which causes severe infections such as meningitis, pneumonia, and sepsis. In developing countries, even 50% of those little ones who obtain medication will go dead.
- Malaria produces some 225 million serious illnesses and over 780,000 deaths, per year.
- 164,000 people, especially children under 5, expired from measles.
- One billion men and ladies are deficient with regards to the approaches to get to medicinal service’s needs.
- 36 million passing’s yearly is because of no transmittable wellbeing issue, as cardiovascular sickness, tumor, diabetes and ceaseless lung diseases. Which is really 66% of the normal 56 million passings yearly over the world? (A fourth occur before the age gathering of 60)
- Cardiovascular maladies are the highest rundown of issues making death toll universally. Since roughly 17.5 million individuals passed far from cardiovascular medical issues, speaking to 30% of every single demise globally. More than 70% of cardiovascular ailments passing’s happened generally to low-and center wage nations around the globe.
Why is health important? (Universal Health)
Health is not just the physical health it also includes mental health. A sound health describes as the condition where both physical and mental condition of a person function properly. The basic cause of poor health is the different kinds of diseases, poor unhealthy diet, mental stress, unhealthy lifestyle, polluted environment and lack of hygiene. When these conditions exist our body becomes free of virus and so we can have the longer life. Once you are free of diseases you should not have to suffer from different kinds of diseases, aches, pain or discomfort. Hence you can be able to deliver an excellent result from your work and consequence shall be the respect good life and will become the member of the healthy society.
Tips to maintain good health (Universal Health)
To maintain your health some physical and mental exercise, perfect lifestyle and some good regular lifestyle or habits are very vital. Some tips are as given below
- Physical exercise: Physical exercise is very important to be fit. This physical exercise includes Early morning walk, games,
- Mental exercise includes Yoga, meditation
- Balanced diet: Our diet must be balanced. We should eat proper food. Too much eating in very bad for health.
- Proper rest and sleep: To have sound health’s we must have enough rest and sleep in time. Early to bed and early to rise is the excellent rule of health.
- Keep anxieties away: The vital thing for remaining in good health is to free the mind from cares and anxieties as much as possible. hence a care-worn man cannot delight in his rest or sleep soundly at night.