Tips to Quitting Smoking
Quitting Smoking, When someone says smoking it refers to tobacco consumption. We all know smoking is not good for health. It is one of the main causes of several kinds of diseases and some of them are life threatening disease. Tobacco is very harmful to the health no matter how it is consumed. Tobacco contains acetone and tar to nicotine and carbon monoxide. Inhaling of these substances produce negative effect to the lung and entire body. It generates many kinds of disorder in human health.
American lung association emphasizes burning of tobacco produces about 7000 chemicals. These chemicals contain poisonous chemicals and among these chemicals 69 of them are cancer linked. The effect of smoking do not outcome immediately it takes longer time but once complication starts it becomes very serious and non-curable sometimes. Good news for the smoker is that when once smoking is quitted much adverse effect can be reverse.
Effect of smoking in our body
As said earlier smoking effect our whole bodies both internally and externally. With smoking Chemicals of cigarette enter blood stream and affect the entire body. In this way smoking causes different types of diseases including cancer, heart disease and various lung diseases. Lung cancer survival lowest of all cancers and is one of the most common cause of cancer death in the UK and world. So the best advice to the people is that to quit smoking.
Central nervous system
As we all know consuming tobacco consuming in any form refer to as smoking. Tobacco consists of nicotine. It’s one of the properties is that it act as mood alerting ingredient. By smoking nicotine riches in the brain and makes you feel energized for some time but as its effect get off it make tired and crave for more. The nicotine consumption makes addict and once get addicted of smoking it becomes very difficult to quit it. And so the consequence will be that withdrawal from nicotine can impair your psychological functioning and make you feel anxious, irritated, depressed headaches and sleep problems.
Smoke inhaling damage the lungs. Damage of lung generates lots of problems to our body and it can be life threatening. Those who smoke are at higher risk for chronic non reversible lung conditions such as Emphysema, chronic bronchitis, chronic obstructive pulmonary disease and lung cancer.
Smoking damages entire cardiovascular system. Nicotine makes blood vessels to tighten. This checks the flow of blood. With time it damage the blood vessel and cause peripheral artery disease. Smoking increases blood pressure, weakens blood vessel walls, and increases blood clots. This situation is very favorable for the stork. One of the most dangerous thing of smoking is that it not only harm smoker health but also the health of nonsmoker.
Integumentary system (skin, hair and nail)
Smoking changes the structure of the skin since tobacco contains the substances which have this nature. it increase the risk of squamous cell carcinoma (skin cancer). Smoking increases fungal nail infections. Nicotine can also be the cause of hair loss, balding, and graying.
Our digestive system affects by the smoking. Smoker has higher chance of getting problem in their mouth, mouth, throat, larynx, and esophagus cancer. Smokers have higher degrees of pancreatic cancer, mouth cancer, getting insulin resistance and will have higher risk of type 2 diabetes.
How to quit smoking
It is very easy to quit good habit but is very difficult to quit bad habits once you get addicted. So is for smoking too. It is also said that nothing is impossible in this world. But thing one should have is the determination and will power. A strong determination and will power is required to quit smoking. Asking this question with themselves will help to those who want to quit smoking.
Why You Want to Quit, Don’t Go Cold Turkey, Try Nicotine-Replacement Therapy, Ask About Prescription Pills, Don’t Go It Alone, Manage Stress, Avoid Alcohol, Other Triggers, Clean House, Try and Try Again, : Get Moving, Eat Fruits and Veggies, Choose Your Reward and Do It for Your Health
Quitting smoking is just like fighting with themselves. Determine and divide quitting smoking. One may have mixed feeling but do not try to get away from your determination. Stick to your decisions. Quitting smoking can
- Save money and time.
- Get relief in breath or coughing as much
- One can set better future for your children
Reasons for quitting
- The best reasons and advantage of quitting smoking could be feel healthier right away, will have more energy and better focus, senses of smell and taste will be better, will have whiter teeth and fresher breath and will cough less and breathe better.
- Help to remain healthier the rest of my life and lower my risk for cancer, heart attacks, strokes, early death, cataracts, and skin wrinkling.
3. One can make their partner, friends, family, kids, grandchildren, and co-workers proud of me.
4. Quitting of smoking will help in developing control on life and can become role model for others.
- 5. Quitting of smoking will boost your financial status in comparison to time when you were smoking.
Tips of quitting the Smoking
Smoking causes cancer, breathing problems and heart disease. A person who breathe second-hand smoke get colds and flu more easily. It is more venerable to Pregnant women who breathe second-hand smoke. They could suffer many risk such as may lose their babies, babies may born small, there could be Sudden to die of Infant Death Syndrome, children may be cranky, restless, and get sick more often and children more likely will have learning problems. To quit smoking these things and habit development can help to quit smoking.
- Avoid staying on that place where smoking is allowed .
- Make yourself busy mainly hand such as holding pecil, paper clip or water bottle.
- Avoid living with those people who smokes in order to get away from smoker.
- Have some chewing things in your mouth such as chew gums, carrot or celery stick
- Avoid taking alcohol and if not possible stay away from that place. One can use juice, soda, or ice water instead.
- The most important thing is be patient. The urge to smoke will come and go. Cravings usually last only for a very brief period of time.
- To quit smoking follow these steps of START, where S = Set a quit date,T = Tell family, friends, and co-workers that you plan to quit, A = Anticipate and plan for the challenges you’ll face while quitting, R = Remove cigarettes and other tobacco products from your home, car, and work and T = Talk to your doctor about getting help to quit.
Medicines That Help to quit smoking
There are some medicines which can help in quitting smoking such as Bupropion SR pills, Nicotine gum , Nicotine inhaler , Nicotine lozenge , Nicotine nasal spray and Nicotine patch