Prostate(Enlarged Prostate Symptoms Condition Signs Test Treatment)
A gland of walnut-sized located between the bladder and the penis is called prostate and it lies just in front of the rectum. The urethra goes through the center of the prostate, from the bladder to the penis that allows urine to flow out of the body. The prostate covers fluid feeds and protects sperm. Through ejaculation, the prostate squeezes the fluid into the urethra and expelled with sperm as semen. The vasa deferential bring sperm from the testes to the seminal vesicles. The seminal vesicles contribute fluid to semen during ejaculation. (Enlarged Prostate Symptoms Condition Signs Test Treatment)
Prostate Conditions (Enlarged Prostate Symptoms Condition Signs Test Treatment)
- Prostatitis the prostate Inflammation, sometimes caused by infection. In some cases, the treatment is done with antibiotics.
- Enlarged prostate: It is called Benign Prostatic Hypertrophy (BPH). Generally, the prostate growth affects nearly all men over 50. The Symptoms of this is difficulty in urination. It tends to increase with age. The treatment of this is either Medicines or surgery.
- Prostate cancer: In case of men prostate cancer is a very common form of cancer. It is said that only one in 35 men dies from prostate cancer. The treatment of prostate cancer is Surgery, radiation, hormone therapy, and chemotherapy.
Prostate Tests (Enlarged Prostate Symptoms Condition Signs Test Treatment)
- Digital rectal examination (DRE): In this test, a lubricated gloved finger is inserted into the rectum and tries to find the situation of the prostate. It is done to detect
1. The enlarged prostate,
3. Or nodules of prostate cancer
4. Tenderness from prostatitis.
- Prostate-specific antigen (PSA): The prostate makes a kind of protein called PSA. This can be measured by the blood test. High PSA value indicates the probability of cancer though enlarged prostate causes a high PSA.
- Prostate ultrasound (transrectal ultrasound): In this test, an ultrasound probe is introduced into the rectum close to the prostate. Ultrasound is often done with a biopsy to the exam for prostate cancer.
- Prostate biopsy: A needle is introduced into the prostate to take flesh in order to check for prostate cancer.
Enlarged Prostate Treatment (Enlarged Prostate Symptoms Condition Signs Test Treatment)
- Alpha-blockers: The Alpha-blockers ease the muscles around the urethra in men with symptoms from an enlarged prostate and hence Urine flows more easily.
- 5-alpha-reductase inhibitors: it reduces the level of a certain form of testosterone (DHT). less DHT present shrinks the prostate which improves the urine flow.
- Surgery for an enlarged prostate: In some case, the patients requires surgery to improve symptoms and prevent complication however in general medications resolve symptoms of an enlarged prostate
Prostate Cancer Treatment
- Prostatectomy: In this treatment, process Surgery is done to treatment for prostate cancer. With this kind of treating prostate cancer cells are removed from the prostate.
- Radiation therapy: Radiation kills cancer cell in the prostate. The goal of this is to minimizing damage to healthy cells.
- Radioactive seed implants: In this type of treatment the radioactive seeds are implanted into the prostate to kill cancer cells.
- Cryotherapy: in Cryotherapy killing prostate cancer cells is done by freezing the cells.
- Hormone therapy: hormones response helps to grow Prostate cancer cells so Hormone therapy is used to block that effect.
- Chemotherapy: in case of advanced prostate cancer chemotherapy are applied to reduce the spread of cancer cells.
Besides this treatment, the treatment of Watchful waiting, Clinical trials: Acute and chronic prostatitis are also used for some patients
People willing treatment of enlarged prostate natural diet could have benefited from this video