Depression and Risk factors
Signs and Symptoms
Depression is related to negative thoughts coming to the mind and soul. Depressed people become very suspicious and used to saw unnatural behavior. Some kinds of depression exhibits in families signifying biological vulnerability to depression can be hereditary. This is the case especially with bipolar syndrome.
It is found that the depression transfer from generation to generation in some families. But it does not happen all the time. A person can go in depression although he does not have such family history. It also causes due to the negative social environment and severity of stress, mental or psychological. The cause of depression could be
- serious loss,
- chronic illness,
- difficult relationship,
- exposure to abuse,
- neglect or community violence(especially in case of women, Women who have been the victim of physical, emotional, or sexual abuse, either as a child or perpetrated by a romantic partner are vulnerable to developing a depressive disorder
- financial problem can create ,
- And the Depression disorder is the result of genetic, psychological, and environmental factors.
- Cause could be Unemployment, divorce, low socioeconomic status,
Several neurochemical systems like norepinephrine, serotonin, dopamine, and acetylcholine.
- Parkinson’s disease can occur due to the Lack of dopamine at the base of the brain.
- Research result shows that acetylcholine levels in the brain is related to Alzheimer’s dementia
- The addictive disorders influence the neurochemical dopamine.
- Frequent use of drugs or alcohol desensitizes the dopamine structure.
- alcohol, narcotics, and marijuana drugs causes this
- Medications to treat alcoholism and anxiety and sleep aids, can contribute to the development of it.
- The presence of maternal-fetal stress is another risk factor for depression.
- the maternal stress during pregnancy can increase the chance that the child will be prone to depression as an adult, particularly if there is a genetic vulnerability.
- Mother’s circulating stress hormones can influence the development of the fetus’ brain during pregnancy.
Forms of depression
The forms of depression vary according to the severity of depression. That is the depression symptoms effect on the condition how you feel, think, and your daily activities. Like sleeping, eating, or working. The forms of depression vary or they may develop under unique conditions.
disorder or dysthymia is a depressed mood; it lasts for two years. This depressive disorder might have episodes of key depression along with periods of less severe indications.
is serious than the baby blues. Women with perinatal depression experience main depression during pregnancy or after delivery. The moods of dangerous sadness, anxiety, and exhaustion that convoy perinatal may make difficult for these new mothers to ample daily care activities for themselves or their babies.
In this case patient suffer from severe sickness. like distressing false fixed beliefs , hearing or seeing upsetting things that others cannot feel. The psychotic symptoms typically have a depressive theme such as delusions of guilt, poverty, or disease.
Seasonal effective disorder
depression during the winter when there is less natural sunlight is call seasonal effective disorder. This is commonly disappear in spring and summer.
a person with bipolar disorder experiences extreme high euphoric or irritable mood “mania” or a less severe form “hypomania.”
Depression is result of multiple factors like genetic, biological, environmental and physiological. In United States it is one of the common mental disorders. It can happen to adult and children as well.
Mostly the treatment of Depression is effective in earlier stage. however in sever condition of this disease can be treated as well but takes longer time. The common treatment of it is medications, psychotherapy or combination of both. Electroconvulsive therapy (ECT) and brain stimulation therapies are applied in complicated condition. Family support is very essential in the treatment of this. Family member should keep in mind that they should create an environment to the peasant so that he or she should remain active and do regular exercise.
- Creation of realistic goals so that he could not think otherway .
- Engaged in meeting with friend and loved one so that he should not remain alone
- Patient should not to remain in isolation rather live in group.
- Expect mood to improve gradually rather than fast.
- Avoid discussion mainly in negative issues instead make busy in creative works
- Have discussion positively in all issues.