Depression and anxiety Events like Grief, loss of a job, divorce, illness, and stresses can create sadness, worry, frustration, and loneliness. The suaveness of such situation can make them feelings of anxiety or depression at times.
People may experience these feelings regularly without a known stresses . This can affect people ability to carry out their daily activities. In this situation those people might be suffering from depression, anxiety, or both.
Depression and anxiety can occur together. Some studies has shown that about 10% to 20% of adults visit their physician during a depressive or anxiety disorder. and nearly 50% of them suffer from a co-morbid (secondary depressive or anxiety disorder).
Since People having co-occurring depressive and anxiety is associated with greater chronicity, slow recovery, increased rates of recurrence, and psychosocial disability. Hence it is helpful to know the symptoms to watch for and the most effective treatments.
Symptoms of foremost depressive disorder(
- Weight loss, weight gain or changes in appetite.
- Insomnia or hyper insomnia virtually
- Psychomotor agitation every day
- Fatigue or loss of energy every day
- Moods of worthlessness or excessive guilt
- Reduced ability to think or concentrate.
- thoughts of death, suicide attempt or suicide idea
the symptoms of major depressive disorder cause significant distress or damage in social, occupational, or other areas of working.
Indications Anxiety Disorder( Depression anxiety)
Since the common feature of anxiety disorder is needless anxiety and concern about a number of events or activities. The intensity of the concern is out of quantity to the likelihood of the expected event. The excessive anxiety occurs more days than not for a period of at least six months.
Anxiety and worry are associated with at least the following symptoms. some symptoms present more often than not during the six-month period.
- Restlessness or feeling input up or on edge
- May easily get tired
- Difficulty in concentrating or going blank
- Muscle tension
- Sleep disruption
So anxiety disorder, the anxiety, worry, or physical symptoms cause substantial distress in social, occupational, or other activities.
so there are several features that separate anxiety disorder from no pathological anxiety.
- Excessive Worries and interfere with psycho-social effective
- Worries are more prevalent, distinct, and upsetting
- they remain for longer period
- and accompanied by physical symptoms like restlessness and keyed up
Hence anxiety disorder experience somatic signs like sweating, nausea, and diarrhea, muscle tension, and an exaggerated startle response.